Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Acronym Contest!


The other day around the lunch table at the Plaza it was decided that PUMA should change it's name to NUTRIA. Or maybe that there should be a splinter group, or some sort of velvet revolution, I'm not totally sure, but the point is that we like the name and image of the nutria but lack a clever acronym. This is where you come in. Please submit as many acronyms for NUTRIA as you want. The best (possibly decided by vote sometime in the future) wins a t-shirt when we make them.

Beefa's entry :

the
New
Underground
Trendsetting
Rouge
Instigators and
Agitators


This is my best so far :

New
Urban
Theocrats
Reciting
Imbecilic
Acronyms

I'm sure you can do better so please leave your entry in the comments.

6 comments:

Rebecca said...

Here are three permutations:

#1
Northwest Underground Track-bike Riding Independent All-stars

#2
Newly Unified Transportation Reticulation Inclusive of All

#3
Northwest Urban Team of Renegade Internuncios and Agents

Rebecca said...

PS: I think the third is my favorite.

Emily said...

Nearly United Renegades In Action

bike tourer said...

rebecca beat me with internuncio, but my suggestion is:

New Urban Toper Riding Internuncios Association.

bjorn

Anonymous said...

i know im really late on this, but isnt it obvious that it stands for:

portlaNd UniTed messengeR assocIAtion

i cant believe no one saw this.

the-dolomite said...

Brilliant. Joel is in the lead so far. Maybe I'll keep this contest going through the Open as entries seem to be slowly trickling in.