Thursday, November 01, 2007

Viva Durango pt. 5

Here are a few pictures from Thursday, Oct. 18 when we woke up at a beautiful campground on the Colorado river outside of Moab, fiddled with Phil's bike for a few hours, rode the beginners loop of Slickrock trail then had to take off in order to meet Doom in Mancos by four and follow him to Durango and the Thursday night single speed ride and pubcrawl.


Don't fall on these.

Dabby wanted a glamour shot.





A spur of the moment stop on Highway 191.


I don't know what setting Dabby had the camera on but it turned out kind of cool.

Revphil, looking confident with the rock. He claims to be the only player ever cut from the Linfield football team.

We had an excellent experience at Burgerboy in Cortez. Look at that menu! I had the bacon burger which was almost more than I could handle. I can't imagine what the 3-D would be like. I'm also intrigued by the Frito Pie.

I asked Dabby his opinion of Burger Boy's corndogs on a scale of one to five.

Our first view of Dr. Doom's house in Mancos.

Doom's house was full of crazy Doom art, and a very pleasant place to spend some time.

Of course there was a bathtub in the kitchen.

I saw a little bit of myself in some of his art.


Doom shoots a lot of slides.


Doom's bikeshop.

Doom's workstand.

Wagon Wheel was a sponsor of the Dead Fest.

Bailey at his space.
At this point in the evening my bike was was one of the keystones of the bike pile.

No comments: