Friday, May 23, 2008

Westside Invite 8 pt. 2 "The BummyCat"

The first day of the Westside is in the books. Another good turnout this year. I expected it to be much smaller than previous years but there seem to be a lot of out of towners around.

The opening alleycat was a lot of fun. The finishing order looked like this:
1. Chas (SF)
2. Austin (NYC)
3. me
4. George
I lost track after that. Fox, Sharky, Boston and Matt were all right there near the end but Sharky got a flat and the others made routing errors. After some consultation between the organizers Chas was given a time penalty and bumped to 4th so technically I ended up in 2nd. I guess he was rude to Tad at a checkpoint. That kind of seems like bullshit but I learned the official theme of this year's Invite is "Be Nice". C. Murder delivered to me a 10 minute soliloquy on this topic but I only pretended to listen, I'm always nice!


Oh, and to all the grumpy oldsters who either tried to help me cheat or tried to delay my younger rivals : Stop it.
A. I don't cheat and I don't need your help to win.
B. It makes us all look bad.


I didn't manage to take any pictures but will make up for it at the Coffee Cat.

No comments: