Wednesday, August 13, 2008

The Trimphant Return of Team WRECK


I'm back! I moved to the country and promptly mowed the internet cable. It took a few months but I now have an impregnable internet connection. Buried at varying depths and sheathed in schedule 40 conduit. Good luck gophers! Drunken lawn mowing? No problem!

I can say it was a good test. I can live without the internets. It was tough though, I was almost completely cut off, except for books, magazines, newspapers, radio, cell phone and satellite TV. Here's a sample of the barbarism : when I was curious about something instead of asking wikipedia I had to walk all the way across the room, find the relevant volume of the physical encyclopedia, pull it down, find the right page, download knowledge, put it back and walk back across the room. Precious seconds lost off a finite lifespan.

But now I've finally woken from this long nightmare and soon will offer you, my loyal readers, updates on the last few months, including photos and full results from the Rickreall Open, reports on our last few MTB rides and a preview of coming attractions. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice trench

the-dolomite said...

thanks, I had a little help with it...

revphil said...

what, you didn't have any duct tape on hand?