Sunday, January 13, 2008

Beefa's Death March '08

My camera batteries died after the first hour so I didn't get very many photos. Here are a few.
Oh, and I'd like to take this moment to welcome Bjorn Warloe and Mark Evans to Team WRECK. This was their first official event and they both performed admirably.

We had a great turnout, especially for a cold, rainy morning. 10 people and one dog.
I got to Beefa's at 8:59am to find most of the crew there already. The last one arrived at 9:06 and we were on the road shortly after. Phenomenal punctuality and I attribute it wholly to a healthy fear of Beefa.

The hike in was only 4 miles but there were a lot of trees down. It was a challenging hike. I sprained my knee 1/4 mile from the campsite and had to gimp out the short way in the morning.

I couldn't believe the extent of the storm damage. We saw a few hillsides where every tree was snapped off halfway up.


Beefa, the architect of another mostly successful Deathmarch.

Mark emerging from a deadfall.

Mace was in high spirits.

No comments: