Monday, April 20, 2009

Mini Mid-Valley Taqueria Review



Martha's Tacos and More --- 8/10
Lafayette
Excellent. Huge homemade tortillas. Usually I order 3 or 4 tacos, at Martha's 2 is plenty. Free chips and salsa, great small town atmosphere. Mexican cokes but no horchata or guava juice.

Carniceria Mi Casita --- 6/10
Independence, Highway 51 N. of town
I've been buying tortillas here for some time, they recently added a taco cart during lunch hours. The tacos are smallish and the asada sometimes a little chewy but there's a great condiment bar and the owners are super nice. I've been "amigo" from day one. Mexican cokes and guava but no horchata.

JR's Taqueria --- 4/10
Salem, Fairgrounds and Winter
I'd read some rave reviews of Jr's on eatsalem.com but two visits in I'm not seeing it. The tacos were decent but nothing I'd go out of my way for. There is a nice view of an old stone church though. M. cokes but no guava or horchata.

Up next :
Luis's Taqueria, Woodburn (Obama ate here!)
Taqueria La Roca, Dallas
Los Dos Hermanos Salvadoran Restaurant, Keizer

No comments: